Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Log #5: Battle of the Sexes (Part 2 of 3)

So Saturday I gave some insight on the male perspective, now it's time for me to attempt the very complicated, very mysterious, female perspective.

Because you're hot and you're cold.
 Okay forgive me ladies. I'm short on time, and I couldn't find many resources about you online. You socially clandestine miscreants, you. ;D So I'm going to give this a shot from the recesses of my mind and the things I've noticed and experienced. Women can be broken down into a few core categories.

Beauty

Or at least.. That's what you wish would happen.
I've always asked myself.. Why the heck do girl's dress up? Especially at School. I mean, guy's are into you looking nice.. But you can pretty much win over any guy with a V neck shirt or yoga pants. So why do they try to look so good?
Social status. It's all about social status. The desire to be noticed. If men gauge each other by strength and respectability, women judge each other by looks first. Because honestly, who wants to hang out with someone who looks like crap? It makes your taste in clothes and friends look worse.
Girl's who dress nice seem to hang around with girl's who dress up seem to be more popular than those who don't. I've seen this all around school. In short, I believe that girl's dress up for girl's first; then guys. This also explains why women can take so long to get ready in the morning...

Empathy

Empathy, As defined by Merriam Webster's online dictionary is: " the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience"
This basically means you can feel other people's pain. Woman are more empathetic than men, it's true because they tend to think about how their actions might effect someone else. For example, if someone made really sour lemonade for you but thought it was the best thing ever, a girl would be more likely to receive it politely and say something like: "It was good.. But I think It'd be better with more sugar." This makes girl's naturally more diplomatic than boys. And also makes them less-confrontational.

Pacifist

  

Women for the most part seem non-confrontational. Which more often than not leads to their downfall everywhere. They act too empathetic often enough to the point of indecision. This is often seen in the classic "girl-in-an-abusive-relationship scenario". Oh.. He's not abusing me.. He's just going through something right now.. Oh he didn't mean to hit me.. He'd never do it again.. When it comes down to it, typically women won't fight back. Maybe it's because they're afraid of getting hurt? Because if they're facing a man typically the man will be stronger. 

But often enough this is even seen in social situations.. Women fear hurting someone elses' feelings so much sometimes that they just end up hurting themselves.. I've seen this too many times to not believe that this is true.

While this might not have been my longest log, I believe it was a good shot at trying to determine the female perspective. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about anything. I'd love your input. Friday, I shall conclude the "Battle of the Sexes" mini-series with "Comparison" and how these factors influence direct comparison.
 

6 comments:

  1. I have to say that I agree with this for the most part. As a woman, the beauty part is really true. As shallow as it is,to the point where girls who don't dress or will only wear sweats are sometimes looked down upon.and they end up on t.v. makeover shows. I think that the empathy part is true for the most part as well. Though every now and then you will get a really blunt girl who will say how she feels no matter if it hurts someone elses feelings. I tend to do this myslef and i know people who do it as well. I usally reget it later too. The pacifist part I agree and disagree with. Women typically are non-confrnational for long peroids of time. In my experince is usally an outside force that makes them become violent and when a women becomes crazy violent like that, its not good for anyone.
    Overall I think this is a pretty good view of the female persepctive. Of corse i think their good be things added in and stuff. Good Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, thought with generilizations I think that you have to take into account that not everyone will act the same way; there are variables.

      Delete
  2. I have to say, you've hit the nail on the head. Well done, Darling! You're a good writer. Keep it up. I might actually keep reading. ;D
    -Raeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And don't bother giving up on me just yet. ;D I've still got a few more interesting logs up my sleeve.

      Delete
  3. recurring lovely (yes i am going to call you that), way to stay open-minded, but you might want to write some in the future about relationships, because I want to see your point of view on that. I'm sure I could find MANY things to say about the topic. -Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a fun idea Sladen. I think I'll make Log #7 about relationships as requested.

      Delete